In Stock

Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent, 100 Determinations


Analyzer Series: Access Analyzer Series
Brand: Beckman Coulter
Manufacturer SKU: 33880
Package Size: 2 x 50 Tests
Test Type: Thyroid / Metabolic Assay
Test Name: Free Thyroxine (T4)
Analyzer Type: Hematology Analayzer
SKU: 33880 Category:


Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent Specifications:

  • Brand: Access
  • Manufacturer: Beckman Coulter 33880
  • Country of Origin: United States
  • Application: Reagent, Rental (Access Free T4 Reagent)
  • Number of Tests: 100 Tests
  • Storage Requirements: Requires Refrigeration
  • Test Name: Free Thyroxine (FRT4)
  • Test Type: Thyroid / Metabolic Assay
Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent: INTENDED USE

The Access Free T4 assay, prepared using the Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent is a paramagnetic particle, chemiluminescent immunoassay for the quantitative determination of free thyroxine levels in human serum and plasma (heparin) using the Access Immunoassay Systems.

Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent: SUMMARY AND EXPLANATION

The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis controls thyroid hormone synthesis, release, and action. Thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) secreted from the hypothalamus stimulates the synthesis and release of thyrotropin or thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). TSH, in turn, stimulates the synthesis, storage, secretion, and metabolism of thyroxine (FRT4) and triiodothyronine (T3). Both free and bound forms of T4 and T3 are present in the blood.

Beckman Coulter 33880 Access Free T4 Reagent and Blood circulation:

More than 99% of the T4 and T3 circulate in the blood bound to carrier proteins, leaving less than 1% unbound. It is this level of unbound or free hormone that correlates with the functional thyroid state in most individuals.Free-T4 and free T3 regulate normal growth and development by maintaining body temperature and stimulating calorigenesis. In addition, free-T4 and free T3 affect all aspects of carbohydrate metabolism as well as certain areas of lipid and vitamin metabolism. Fetal and neonatal development also require thyroid hormones.

Clearly elevated free-T4 levels support the clinical findings of a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism while clearly low free-T4 levels coupled with appropriate clinical findings, can establish a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. Measurement of free-T4 levels along with other thyroid tests and clinical findings can establish borderline hyperthyroid and hypothyroid diagnoses.Equilibrium dialysis RIA is considered the reference method for measuring free T4 because it allows for the separation of free T4 from protein bound T4 before direct measurement of the free T4.

However, this method is cumbersome, technically demanding, and not suited to routine clinical laboratory use. More recently, radioimmunoassays and enzyme immunoassays have been developed for measuring free T4. These assays employ various combinations of analog or non-analog tracers and one-step or two-step incubation procedures.

Mercury Content: Item Does Not Contain Mercury
Abbreviation: FRT4